Monday, July 14, 2008

The Weekend

I can't believe I've actually had a few more people read my blog. I'm in shock. haha Vacation Bible School started last night at our church and I helped with registration and 3 & 4 year old crafts. They are so cute at that age. Last night we had 28 of them...14 in each class and it went great. This is Bridgette's last year for VBS as a student and she was not very excited about going. A couple of hours before start time we found out Alex was her teacher this year and that perked her up and on the way home she said she enjoyed it a lot and even learned stuff she didn't know. Imagine that! Way to go Alex!! Angie Graber and I were discussing teaching VBS before registration started and she said she taught Kindergartners last year. She said that no matter what the question was their answer was "Jesus". How cute. But you know what, thats how us adults should be with our questions of life .....the answer should always be Jesus.

Dillon is working for a construction crew this summer which is run by Marv's brother Wilmer. This has been good for him in so many ways. He's getting up on his own(most of the time) and hasn't really complained a whole lot yet. He loves the paycheck for sure! I'm trying to teach him to be responsible with his money but it has been hard. His phone quit working and he bought a new one with his money and yesterday he ordered new speakers for his truck. UGH!! I hate that booming noise that already shakes the house when he comes home and now new speakers?? Oh well, Vaughn says he remembers being into speakers and stereo's too when he was Dillon's age.

My mother didn't have too hot of a weekend. She now has a bladder infection. She's taking an antibotic and should soon feel much better. It doesn't take much to get her down these days so please lift her up in prayer. Also since her stroke the dr didn't want her take her medicine for her leukemia because it also acts as a blood thinner. A couple of weeks ago she saw her hematology doc and she put her back on her medicine because her white blood cell count had gone up to 48,000. It should be between 7000 and 10,000 according to Lou. Hopefully she will have great response to this med like she did the first time and her levels will be down again. :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sue,
I do remember you! I don't know that I knew P.J. and Fred belonged to you... that family of yours is HUGE! Two wonderful men. I enjoyed reading your blog... and thanks for encouraging me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue-
Thanks so much for always talking to Kaelyn and for helping with your wonderful VBS. Your family is so beautiful! Keep up the good work--I'll probably need some advice!
Lisa K.

Susie said...

Hi SUE!!

I'm so excited to have found you on the blogger!! I'm looking forward to reading and keeping up on your family!! I love all your posts so far and since I'm only 3 years from having a teenager (AHHHH I can't believe I just wrote that and it is actually true!!!) you can tell me how to survive those years!! Because you'll be the pro! Tell Bridgette she makes 5'2" look good with those long legs... I would have guessed her taller! She's a beautiful young lady! And what can you say about Graber boys...aren't they all handsome & charming??? I think it goes with the name!