Friday, July 11, 2008

St. Louis Trip

The week of the 4th we went to St. Louis for a couple of days. Six Flags was our first stop. It was a beautiful day... not too hot and sunny. The kids rode every coaster imaginable...some I couldn't even stand watching. The water park, in my opinion, was not that great. I think I was comparing it to Holiday Worlds which is much bigger. The next day we went to the Arch. I have been up in the arch probably about 4-5 times before but the last two times I had developed a massive fear of heights. When I get up there my knees lock and I can't straighten my legs. I just want to lay down. Ok, stop snickering, it wasn't funny :) The first time we took the kids up I held onto the back of their shirts when they were leaning over looking out the windows...like I was going to keep them from falling. Not rational, I know. Then we went down to the river and looked at the flooding. It had crested the day before and had definitely overflowed its banks. It was amazing how fast the current was with all kinds of debris from upriver. (pics below) In the evening we went to a Cardinals game. They got beat by the Mets 7-4. It was fun anyway.

1 comment:

Donna C said...

Hey Sis, Surprise! Maybe when I ever get time I may start my own Blog(like that will happen soon). It's neat to beable to keep up with all of you this way. Love ya Jean