Thursday, July 23, 2009

Missing These Kids



Both kids left for High School week at Bible Memory Camp at 3:30 am Monday morning. I couldn't go back to sleep thinking about Dillon being able to stay awake(he drove & its a 5 1/2 hr trip) or them being in an accident or if Dillons wound would be ok for 4 days w/o being packed(w/ drs permission)..... so I prayed. And I've been praying all week.

After work on Monday it was great. No one asking 'when's supper' the minute I walked in the door, no running Bridgette here and there, no "can I have some money" and the house looked the same as it did when I left that morning. Ahhhhhh, peace and quiet, wont it be grand for a whole week? Well that lasted about 2 hours...and then I was sooo bored and the house was tooo quiet. haha I'm not quite ready for the "empty nest"!! Can't wait to see them on Friday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is very true.. oh what it would be like to have 2 hours of peace and quiet, but i am always ready to have them back for the Kaos to begin again!

Tera said...

I'd be missing them too! Now, it would be nice to have the house stay the way I left it... :)