Friday, July 10, 2009

A little set back

Hello!! Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. It always go way too fast. We've had lots of teenagers at our house off and on. Dillon goes fishing at least twice a day since he can't really do anything else. The closed incision after his surgery had to be reopened because it was not healing. Bummer!! Big Bummer!! It now has to heal from the inside out which is what we were expecting anyway after surgery but now we are several weeks behind in the process. Chances of him running Cross Country his senior year are looking bleak. He will be so far behind in training. I am now praying for fast healing and would love your prayers for him as well. It's been a really rough summer for him and he's gotten discouraged. He hasn't been able to swim or play sports all summer or have a good paying, full time job because of his surgery.

On a more positive note, there have been a few good things happen in his life too. :) June 25th he took his senior pics at Mark's Gallery. It went very well and it was a lot of fun and I can't wait to see them. Mark and his wife Ann were great. They were so helpful with what outfits to put together and they had great background ideas and were extremely patient in getting a good shot. We got there at 9:45 and didn't get done until after 1:00. I've always been into photography so I loved it. Also we finally found Dillon a new ride this week. He has been wanting a Honda Civic - 5 speed and after driving to Cincinnati to look at one from the Internet we got one we saw a month ago at Bloomington. Its a 2001 but has had only one owner and looks very nice inside and out. This is the first vehicle we have owned made in the new millennium. :) I'd love to drive a newer vehicle but I do not want to pay that much for one for sure!! So in the mean time Vaughn and I are stuck in the 90's. hehe Anyway it should get wonderful gas mileage driving back and forth from Vincennes University next school year.

Okay now for my second born, Bridgette, summer PE was over the third week of June and then the 21st she went to a Show Choir camp in Illinois. It was pretty intense but I think she enjoyed it very much cause I'm hearing talk about going back next year. The performances we saw at the end of the week were amazing. Over 500 kids participated so they were broken down into groups of about 50 and they all did different songs and choreography. It lasted about 4 hours but it was so entertaining it went fast. Bridgette also finished up her driving part of drivers training and now all she has to do is wait until April 18th next year to get her license. A lot of practice time between now and then... which is good. :) It's so weird though because she is one of the younger ones in her class and several of her friends have gotten their licenses already. She went to the movies the other night with Tya and Lyndsey... alone. It was really strange for me. I wanted to take their picture in the car before they left but Bridgette would not let me. Well it was a monumental moment and I wanted to document it with a photo. haha Volleyball open gyms are still going on and the season is right around the corner. I cant wait, I love, love volleyball. They are going to a team camp at Purdue next weekend.

The kids are both going to high school week of Bible Memory camp this year which is the 20th. Hopefully Dillon will be healed up enough before then to go. We are suppose to see the surgeon again on the 16th to find out.

Vaughn is still not smoking. whoohoo for him!! My weight loss is not doing so good though. ugh I felt so much better when I ate healthier so I don't know what my problem is.

That's about it for now. I do want to mention that I had my annual gyno check up and I got good reports. I am always relieved to get a good mammogram report because of my sister Shirley. Her battle with breast cancer was horrible and has made it a real fear for me. I loved her so much and miss her terribly! Anyway, I want to praise my Father in heaven for a good report.

Happy Anniversary to Lou and Marv today! I believe its their 33rd! You two are a wonderful example of a God centered marriage. I love you both!!

Until later...

1 comment:

Tera said...

Oh...I hate it for Dillon that he's had to miss out on so much. I'll be praying for a quick recovery...I know how important CC is to him. How exciting about a new car though!! Seriously, I am going to be one nervous Mom b/c just reading about Bridgette going out with her friends made me slightly hyperventilate! ;) I just can't believe she's old enough for that!! Where has the time gone?