Hello all. Fall is surely in the air. I love this time of year with the crisp blue skies and the mild weather and we usually start seeing deer around our house. One year we had what seemed like a whole herd in our front yard eating nuts almost every morning. Several houses have gone up around us since then and I guess it has scared them away. But this year we are now seeing a group of six that are bedding down by my in-laws drive way which is just across the pond from us. Bridgette took a pic out of the van window one night but it's not very good(in the slideshow below). I never get tired of seeing those creatures, they are so awesome. That is one of the pros of living in the woods. After the remnants of hurricane Ike went thru a few weeks ago I was reminded of one of the cons of the beauty of the woods. We probably had a thousand walnuts that fell. It was like a war zone that day with those nuts, which are between the size of a golf ball and a baseball, flying through the air. A fun day of clean-up was had by all. lol
Dillon ran in an invitational at Bedford last Saturday. 30 schools were there and seven runners can run on each team so approximately over 200 runners. He came in 51stbut had a really good personal time of 18:48. BR came in 4th in the small school division. BR hosted their own Invite this week on our own course. Our team dominated beating the second place team by 30 points. Dillon was 32 out of 150 runners with a time of 19:01. We also won the Washington meet which I have pics of below. I think Dillon was 16th.
No comments:
Post a Comment