On December 2nd I arrived at my Mom's house after work like every other work day the last 4 years since her stroke. I found her on the floor of her dining room by her patio doors. One of my worst fears. She was in severe pain and told me she could not get up. The EMTs could tell immediately that her hip was broken. The next morning they put a pin in her hip and a rod in her leg down to her knee. She spent 2 weeks at DCH and is now in the Nursing Center. She is struggling...the pain, the pain meds, pushed to do therapy, and not being at home has become overwhelming to her. Each day is an uncertainty and my heart breaks for her. She will be 88 in February. If you can remember her and our family too in your prayers we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
I love you Mother.

3 comments:
That is a sweet picture, Sue. Saying a prayer for your mom.
Sue, Just catching up on blogs. I'm so sorry about your mother. She is the sweetest lady. I hope thing are going better for her. I will say a prayer for you all.
Sue, Just now reading your post, I hope your mom is doing better. I had to tear up when I read how you found your mom, it is overwhelming when someone you love goes thur pain and hospital stays. I pray that she is doing better now and God gives you and your family grace for the moment.
Post a Comment