Wow I need to be more of a servant in my marriage. Thanks Dr David Jeremiah for today's devotional!
Marriage at the Cross-Road
...just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.
Matthew 20:28
Believe it or not, there's some good news about marriage. A recent poll commissioned by the Alliance Defense Fund shows that Americans still believe in traditional marriage. Sixty-two percent of respondents agreed with the statement: "I believe marriage should be defined only as a union between one man and one woman." Only about a third disagreed.
But it's not enough to simply agree with the values of traditional marriage. We've got to practice what we preach. We must think of marriage as a ministry, as a lifelong act of service. We're not married in order to be happy but to make the other person happy--to serve rather than to be served.
Ask yourself: "How can I serve my husband today? How can I affirm my wife? What little act or attitude could make the difference?" The desire to serve ourselves has overtaken God's plan to serve one another through a committed marriage. Let's enrich traditional marriages with the traditional values of the Cross.
Many Christians seem to get their notions of love from the Love Boat instead of the Love Book... Make the Bible your guide.
Jim Binney in The Ministry of Marriage
No comments:
Post a Comment