Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just wanted to give a shout out to my FIL, Gary. His birthday was yesterday the 11th and is 71. He doesn't seem like he should be in his seventies at all. He is very active and carries his age well. I think it is genetic because his dad is 98 and still going and his mom died in 2007 at 95, I believe, and her mind was still very sharp. Hopefully my kids picked up those genes from Vaughns side and enjoy nice long full lives. Gary helps me out a lot with taking my kids to their ortho appts, picking them up from school and to the Viking Mart or Stop & Sea to get food before a game when I am still at work. He faithfully comes to almost all the kids activities even to some things I know he isnt very thrilled about(like band or chorus concerts). I love and appreciate him very much!! We got together at the Gasthof to celebrate last night. Everyone was there except Vaughn who had to work late. He is helping put up the new water ride at Holiday World. Dillon was so excited about it and looked it up on there website. They have a virtual demonstration of it that looks terrifying to me. It looks like about 8-10 people sit in this flat carrier with sides that resemble a big log. It takes it straight up 130 feet then lets you go down a water slide into a huge pool area. It made my stomach go up in my throat just watching the video. Its like the log ride on steroids. lol Its called the Pilgrims Plunge and you can check it out at http://www.holidayworld.com

Vaughn and PJ both passed their crane operators certification test. I think they were both very relieved. It was 3 part, 4 hour test and Vaughn studied about every night for a month. Good job guys!

Next week(3-17) my baby turns 15. I can barely believe it. Sometimes I regret not having more children. I would have liked to have at least one more but it didn't turn out that way. :( I guess God spared another poor innocent child of my parenting. lol Seriously though, my kids have to endure my forever telling them how cute they are and how much I love them and gettin in their business to the extreme(according to them) haha.

My baby boy(17) had the old fashion influenza this past week. He started feeling bad last Friday night with a sore throat and by Sunday was running almost 103 temp. His head hurt, had a very sore throat, cough and was very congested. He ran a fever until Wednesday morning and is still very congested. It was so sweet on Monday afternoon he texted me and said "Are you coming home after work? I know I'm probably just being lazy but I need you to come take of me." It was so sweet to be needed by your teenage son for something besides money. lol I guess this flu is going around so watch out. I'm hoping my flu shot covers this particular strain.

I started going to a Bible study at Cindy L's house called Refuel. We are watching videos and having a discussion afterwards. The videos are about women disciplining women with different subjects each week. Last week the subject was counseling people who are suffering and the scripture was from Job. Tonight is the second Thursday out of 8 and the videos are not connect so if you missed last week its ok. It starts at 7:00 pm and its not just women from Providence -everyone is welcome. Call me if you want more info!!

Until later...

3 comments:

Patti said...

Hey Sue, the bible study at Cindy's sounds nice. I will be on "the walk" next Thursday but am interested in going the following Thursday if it is not to late to join in.

Sue said...

Would love to have you come to the Bible Study!! So excited about your going to The Walk to Emmaus. Boy are you in for an awesome weekend!

Tera said...

Sue, you are a wonderful mom! As teenagers, I'm sure they think you are "too into their business" but it's only because you ARE a good mom and care about what they are up to! I'm sad I'm missing out on the Bible Study at Cindi's. Braylee has dance on Thurs. nights though.