Sunday, February 1, 2009
The Weekend
First of all before the weekend on Thursday Dillon had a dr's appt with Dr Clayton. The area has all but healed up so we don't have to go back to see him. Dillon was thrilled to say the least. On a bad note though, somewhere between the van in Claytons parking lot and his office I lost (or someone stole it after I dropped it) my debit card. After retracing my tracks, turning my purse and van upside down, and going back inside the dr's office I called my bank and cancelled the card. I won't get another one for about 10 days and I am lost without it.
Saturday evening I had the privilege of babysitting for Brad and Jen's children, Trista, Brody and Brent. Wow, three kids is hard to do when you're out of practice. I dug out Dillon's Tonka trucks and farm equipment that I totally forgot we still had. Brody was in heaven! After I found the combine and then found another piece and said to Brody, "Here's the corn head" and Brody answered so cutely with all his farming knowledge, "Where's the grain head?" So smart. He is just a little familiar with farming, I'd say. lol It was too cute. Brent is the smiliest baby and with those chunky cheeks you just want to keep kissing him. Trista was not feeling good due to a bad cold but she didn't complain one bit and was a big help to me. I love spending time with my nephews and nieces and I love their children too.
Bridgette cleaned, vacuumed and mopped for me when I went to Wal-Mart Saturday. She did a great job and I so appreciated it! I hope to rid her of the slob persona and bring out her inner neat freak. haha After I got home she proceded telling me about all her hard work and that I should mention it on my blog. How was that Bridge? You are too funny!! She is a faithful follower of Sue's Family News. On Friday after a long week of friends over, wet sledding clothes, buying more food, more friends over, more wet sledding clothes and more buying more food Bridgette mentioned the "friends over" thing again and I started to sigh and said "Oh Bridgette I'm kind of tired of people being over", she reminded me saying "Mom, you love it. You said so on your blog." I had to laugh.
Sunday after church Dillon, Bridgette, Gary(FIL), and I ate lunch ate Mi Pueblo. Yummy! Vaughn was getting ready for the big Garage Dwellers super bowl party. They fry up every animal you can imagine. Yuck! Ada was home sick with a bad cold and cough. This week took it's toll on my MIL the mail carrier. Gary has been driving her in his truck and it's been kind of beat up too. Vaughn had to work on it one night so they could go back out the next day. Bridge and I went over to my Moms for a while this afternoon. Fred was there with Lindi, Irene(Brians wife), and their kids, Grace, Eli, and Kai. I had pics of Kai but something happened during the transfer and I lost them.
WOOHOO!! Larry Fitzgerald and the Phoenix Cardinals just scored a touchdown to put them up by 3!! I usually don't follow football but the Cardinals quarterback, Warner's Christian faith caught my attention and also I was very impressed with Fitzgeralds ability. I hope they can keep this lead and win.
It's back to school for my kiddos tomorrow after a week off from the awesome snow we got. I'm sure that will be tough. Bridgettes suppose to have a game at Springs Valley tomorrow night. I haven't heard anything lately but the weather men were predicting more snow on Monday night I believe. We had a lot of melting today with the temp up past 50 degrees. Our driveway is like slippery snot. lol
Oh man 49 seconds left and Steelers at the 7 yard line. NO NO NO NO NO NO Crap!! He makes the catch. NO NO NO NO NO Its official, Steelers get the call-touchdown.. boo! 35 seconds..maybe a miracle?? 29 seconds and 77 yards to go. Get ready Fitzgerald! He made the catch at the 40. 15 seconds at the 44. Fumbled, recovered by the Steelers. Shoot! Pittsburgh wins. So much for my interest in football. lol
Until later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment