Saturday, February 7, 2009

A "Gold"en Day

Today was spent at Southridge high school at the district vocal contest. Bridgette loves to sing and doesn't get nervous at all. I would die if I had to sing in front of a "judge". Before her solo I told her just relax and take a deep breath and she said "Mom I'm not nervous". I then decided that I was the one who needed to relax and take a deep breath. I definitely get more nervous that she does! She participated in a freshman ensemble, a solo, and a Divison 1 group ensemble and got gold medals in all three. Division 1 is the toughest division and if you get a gold you get to advance to the State competition. Pretty cool! Here are a few pics. I can't get any of my videos to upload from Kodak. ????? :(

The freshman ensemble and Mrs Hawkins
Kayti T, Brenna(new girl), Bridge, Cassidy H., Megan L, Emily L and Joyce



Her first Gold


She's in love



Fellow freshman, Emily, Megan, and Brenna in back




This is how we saw Mrs Hawkins all day going from one room to another with her little cart. She is an amazing teacher and person and we love her!!


Gold Number 3




We're going to State


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Congratulations on the gold medals and advancing to the State competition Bridgette!

Susie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I loved The Chorus Contests many a moons ago! Mrs. Hawkins is awesome too! Good luck at the STATE!

Shannon said...

Saying a prayer for us both today then! Thanks for sharing!

Love,
Shannon

Tera said...

Sorry, I'm behind on my blogs! Congrats again, Bridgette! We love you and are so proud of you!