Friday, October 10, 2008

Blue Chip Race

Barr-Reeve hosted the Blue Chip conference cross country meet Thursday evening at the Gasthof course. All the boys ran a very good race. We had all seven runners in the top 15. Dillon was 15th with a personal best time of 18:45 and I was very proud of him. Top 12 runners were given all-conference honors so he was very close. Hopefully his senior year he can do it. The team came in first therefore winning the conference. Cross country is different from other sports where you win the conference by having the best record among the conference schools. The conference champion is determined by a race where all the conference schools compete in one race. It was a beautiful fall evening with a clear crisp blue sky. I love fall. V-ball team played the same night at Mitchell and they won. I didn't get to see it but Bridgette said she played terrible. Oh well, they won. Here's some pics at the meet.

Notice the spectators on the right - Gabe and Andre'




Coming to the finish line.

Grandpa with words of praise after the race.

Blue Chip Conference Champions


Being the goofy boys that they are.... I think they were making lightning bolts with their arms. You know, fast as lightning.




Dillon receiving his 15th place ribbon from Hughes



Showing off the trophy

Gabe was hitchhiking on daddy's shoulders. Look at that beautiful blue sky in the back ground.

No comments: