Saturday, August 25, 2012

Changes...


 Ok its been awhile since my last update and lots of things have happened.  These pics are on Easter Sunday.  That Azaela bush was gorgeous this year!!
 Bridgettes senior prom was in April 21st.  She was nominated for Prom Queen this year which was very exciting.

 Then the very next week the senior class left for Washington DC and NYC by bus.  She had a great time with her fellow classmates.

 This group of senior girls have been friends since Kindergarten or soon after and have spent lots of overnights at each others houses, played basketball, softball, volleyball, and tennis together.  Sang in the chorus, played in the band, went to BMC together and went on vacations with each other.  Fought over guys, made up (many times) and cried on each others shoulders.  They have almost all gone their separate ways now but I hope they will always share a special place in each others hearts...I know they do in mine.
 Dillon graduated from Vincennes University in early May and we surprised him with a small party.  It was a blast and I think he really enjoyed it after the initial shock was over.  :)
 He started working a "for real" job, lol, as soon as he was done with classes at Daviess Co Metal Sales as an Inside Salesman.
 Tennis senior is always a lot of fun for the girls.  These 3 seniors have had much success over the last 4 years and I have enjoyed watching them play immensely. 

 Bridgettes last chorus concert.  It was so entertaining and Joyce always does a great job putting them together.  Megan and Bridge have done the choreography the last several years and I think they will be missed.
                                  Senior Chorus members.
                              Her last day of high school.....ever.    Not really sad about leaving high school but things will change a lot for her and me in the next year or so.
                                Graduation ceremony with mom and dad.  I did really good not crying a bunch.  Just a few tears.
 My three special kids.
 We had a little photo shoot at the school and I love how this picture turned out.
 We had her graduation party the weekend before the ceremony at PMC.
                                      Bridgette~~ Robin  ~~  Katelyn
Move in day at USI.  I kept it together that day but had a hard weekend without her.  Her first week was filled with drama....she locked herself out of the apartment, locked her keys in her car and got in a major dispute with her roommate and moved into the other room.  Hopefully things will get better next week for her...might say a few prayers for the adjustment period.


I dont have any pictures of Dillons other major life changing event this summer...he proposed to Jordy and they set the date for August 31, 2013.  So we are in full wedding planning/house hunting mode!!
Wow what are these kids trying to do to their momma???   Lots of changes for us all...but I guess that's what keeps life interesting.

Another BIG change happened on July 29th....we moved my Mother home from the nursing home.  We hired Marv's sister, Syl, to stay with her 24/7 Monday-Friday.  Us siblings are taking turns on the weekends which is working out much better than I anticipated.  Mom seems so much less depressed at home and more lucid than what she was at the nursing home so it seems to have been the right decision.

No comments: