Not too many blog worthy things are happening in the Graber household lately(none I need to share anyways hehe) so therefore no posts either.
AWANA is in full swing and I am helping this year with the Kindergartners. They are so much fun. You never know what will come out of their mouths at any given time. My nephew Nick is at the top of the list for having some very "creative" stories to share. You can definitely tell he is the product of 3 older bros. He is also just so darn cute though, you can't get mad at him. :)
Vaughn is still not smoking but we would both not recommend the medication Chantix for smoking cessation. He doesn't have the craving to smoke but has had some adverse side effects even after stopping the medicine. Its been about 2 mos since he has completely quit taking it and is still having undesirable side effects. Hopefully they will completely subside with more time!!
A very disappointing volleyball season* is over for Bridgette and she has started basketball open gym this week. I can't believe she's playing after sitting the bench all of last year but that's just how she rolls(hehe). A very unpredictable female. She has quit piano lessons after 8 years. It was getting very hard for her to get to the lesson and harder to fit in practicing. I'm pretty sure she will keep on playing on her own though. She loves music.
*She was out from an injured hip until the 4th game into the season and then she didn't get to even dress Varsity post season. :(
Dillon is a big SENIOR this year and is enjoying it. A bunch of his friends and he painted themselves black(some even did their hair) for volleyball sectional. It was pretty funny. I will post some pics soon. He took SAT's on the 10th and as soon as we hear from that we will start the application process for Ball State. His architecture classes are going great at VU.
Providence is having their annual Ladies Day on November 14th. I'm helping with registration so sign up early ...no fee this year so no excuse not to come and get closer to Jesus and enjoy the fellowship of other Christian ladies!! Everyone is welcome....not just Providence ladies. Also I've been asked to work on a Walk to Emmaus next spring. I am so excited and I can hardly wait to see how God moves in the lives of the team and the pilgrims!!
Also, Mckmama on "My Charming Kids" blog really needs our prayers for her one year old(today's his birthday) son Stellan. I've been following his story since late winter 09 and I feel like I know this family. They have been through so much with Stellans health and he is not doing well right now. You can check out her blog on my blog list. She is a very gifted writer and a dynamic Christian lady!!
I'm loving the days that the sun is shining this fall. The color of the leaves just comes to life when the sun is on them. A little too chilly too fast for my taste though.
No comments:
Post a Comment