Monday, May 18, 2009

A little of this and that

Well I've kind of not been in the blogging mood lately and have contemplated taking a break. I don't know really what the problem has been, pretty busy I guess. Life as a mother of two teens is emotionally draining and I wish I could kiss away their boo boos like when they were little. My kisses would usually make it all better but now things aren't that simple. My kisses have lost their power and I only get them on rare occasions. It's been tough for me cause I was born a "fixer". I am learning that I can't and shouldn't "fix" all my kids problems. It is so frustrating! Maybe I just worry too much. No...not me, I've never worried a day in my life. :)

Anyway...here's a picture of me and my two mothers on Mother's Day. I love them both very much and they both have been a big influence on my life.

Kim, Gina and I made lunch at Ada's and my mom ate with us too. Dillon got me some pretty flowers and Bridgette got me a purse and a matching billfold that I had noticed(pointed out lol) at Shoe Show. We fished in the pond in front of our house in the afternoon and caught several smaller bluegill. It would have been much more enjoyable if it weren't for the crazy bug/nat things that would not leave us alone!

Dillon and Bridgette had a band concert on Sunday afternoon right after Bridgettes chorus concert. It was one full day of high school music.


5 more days left in this school year and only three more years of high school drama that I need to make it through. (Bridge graduates 2012) ugh!

In other news, Vaughn has not had a cigarette for 2 weeks and 2 days now. He never smoked in the house or around us so the thing I have noticed most is his smoke free breath!! He is taking a prescription medicine called Chantix which has been a God send. The nicotine withdrawal and the cravings have been very manageable. The main side effect he has noticed is strange, vivid dreams and he's had a few really weird ones, nothing scary, just weird. Also he has to be careful and take the meds with food on his stomach or nausea is a problem but so far it is great! I am very proud of him. Also Vaughn had a birthday on the 6th so happy belated birthday hon!

Until later...

2 comments:

Mandi Knepp said...

You have two wonderful children... what more could you ask for! Just keep loving on them and your rewards will be in heaven!

Tera said...

I can imagine how hard it is being the mom of teenagers. ((hugs))
Way to go, Vaughn!! That is awesome! I've had lots of patients talk about the weird dreams!! If he has stuck with it so far, I'd say he's good to go...most people quit in the first few weeks b/c of the nausea or desire to smoke again (out of habit).